Sunday 12 October 2014

What I Wore At... Kids In Glass Houses Farewell Gig

Last Thursday, I went to Nottingham to see Kids In Glass Houses on their Farewell tour. Having recently announced they were to split this gig was an absolute must, as per I was very slow at actually getting round to buy a ticket before it sold out but luckily managed to get one using twitter (for less than face value - bargain!). Kids In Glass Houses also announced several 'Sound Check Parties' which were limited to 50 tickets for each venue and was an absolute bargain for £5.
We went to the Nottingham date at Rescue Rooms, I absolutely love gigs at this venue its such a perfect size and always has such a great atmosphere. The soundcheck started very early at 4.30pm so I managed to sort only working a half day and headed over to Nottingham straight after work where I met Ashton. As we were actually early for once we headed to Urban Outfitters, I really wanted to try out their new(ish) photo booth, we look absolutely ridiculous in every photo! But it's such a fab idea and I'll definitely be visiting it again! We also decided to take a few outfit photos whilst we waited for another friend as the sun actually came out (definitely needed to make the most of it)!!!



We met up with Sophie and headed to Rescue Rooms for the soundcheck. We didn't truly know what to expect as there were probably only about 20/25 people in the room I think the early start must have proved difficult for a lot of people. It started of slightly awkward as the room seemed so empty but once things properly kicked off it was fab. The band interacted with us all and asked for requests of what to play and even got one lucky girl up on stage to sing with them! It was such a lovely atmosphere and such a contrast to how the gig was later in the evening. After they'd finished playing the band came down into the crowd and mixed having a little chat with everyone in the audience. I had a photo taken with singer Aled however my face is very interesting in the picture so I've covered it up!!!





We were absolutely starving (no change there!) after the soundcheck so decided to go and grab some food and a few drinks as we had quite a bit of time to kill before the gig started, although as usual we ended up being late! We are actually the worst time keepers! We were going to go to our fave Spankys, but they were out of the food we wanted so we headed to another fave Pitcher & Piano where all three of us had Spicy Buttermilk Chicken, I also had an Old Mout Cider I hadn't actually tried one of these before but I was impressed the Passionfruit & Apple flavour was delicious!
We still had quite a bit of time until the gig started (at least we thought so!) so we went over to Boilermaker, I love this place its so unusual and quirky but they do the absolute best cocktails, everytime I go I have to try a different as theres so many on the menu. This time I went for 'Guanabanamo Bay' it was tequila based with banana liqueur with popping candy, it tasted so amazing!!
We then realised as usual we were going to be late for the gig so had to make a mad dash over to Rescue Rooms!!






We arrived late as per, I think we only missed a couple of songs though (hopefully)! Rescue Rooms was absolutely rammed and it was so so hot, I don't think I can remember the last time it was so packed in Rescue Rooms  such a contrast to the soundcheck! We quickly grabbed a drink and tried to find a good spot to watch the gig we ended up on a staircase with a very bad view however I still absolutely loved the gig, the setlist was amazing and they played all the classics along with a few other favourites! During the last song we decided to run down into the action, as it was the last time we'd ever see them so wanted to make the most of it. After the gig we went through to Rescue Rooms bar for a drink and catch up before the last bus home. We had to be sensible Sallies as we had to work the next day!!




For the gig I wore my new NaaNaa clothing Sunflower playsuit which was an absolute bargain in the ARK sale with my NaaNaa kimono and Burgundy floppy Primark hat, although I feel like I need to invest in a hat pin or something! My hat was refusing to stay on my head in the windy weather I spent so much time holding it to my head!!










Sunflower Playsuit - Naa Naa Clothing
Black Lace Kimono - Naa Naa Clothing
Black Tassel Backpack - Primark
Burgundy Floppy Hat - Primark 
Black Ankle Boots - Primark 
Rose Gold Watch - Michael Kors
Lipstick - MAC, Diva



No comments:

Post a Comment