Wednesday 15 October 2014

Blogger Event... My Bandage Dress A/W14 Preview

I was super lucky to be one of the bloggers to be invited to the My Bandage Dress  Autumn/Winter preview event by their lovely social media co-ordinator Grace. The invite was super cute and was full of fab goodies, the soap in mine smelt absolutely gorgeous! The event was held in Birmingham which is only a half hour train ride away from me so I knew I had to attend, it was also going to be a fab opportunity to meet all my fellow blogger pals! 
On arrival at the event the room looked absolutely gorgeous the ceiling had been covered with pastel coloured balloons and the side of the room had a huge selection of cupakes and a sweet cart where you could make up your own pick 'n' mix. Also at the event was the fab Luxy Accessories with and absolutely stunning range of jewellery, that would look gorgeous with all of the My Bandage Dress pieces! Before the catwalk began there was a chance to mingle with all fellow bloggers and then we picked up our goodie bags that were full of lots of lovely treats! 



 We were seated for the catwalk, My Bandage Dress founder Caroline welcomed us and introduced the rest of the team. Caroline then explained the plans for the brand explaining that My Bandage Dress was to split into two separate labels, one an exclusive higher range brand with limited runs of pieces to make them truly unique and then one other more affordable every day girly range.  And then the catwalk began, which showcased most of the collection, in fab pastel blues and pinks and stunning black and whites. I loved so many of the pieces but in particular one of the dresses and a pair of gorgeous trousers. (I am very rubbish and didn't manage to take any photos of the catwalk!) The trousers were a white floral lace with a pair of shorts underneath to protect modesty! They were gorgeous and looked very 70s boho style, they were perfect! The dress I loved was a maxi and white crochet it was stunning! I also loved the chiffon floaty lace tops and the fluffy gilet particularly the purple one! I am super excited to get the link to a preview of the new collection prior to it going online!!
 Photo from @sylvijaa
 Photo from @mybandagedress
Photo from @jesstwiddy


After the catwalk Caroline came out and asked for any feedback on the collection and for any suggestions of what we think should be done, all of the feedback was very positive (probably because the collection is so fab!) one of the main suggestions was to make everything in more colours! After this there was more time to mingle with bloggers which called for some photo opps with the girls! We then went for a quick drink before having to leave to go and catch trains and lifts home! I had such a fab day and it was so lovely to meet everyone and spend the day with My Bandage Dress, thank you for inviting me!! 


 Photo from @daniellekimberleyxo
 Photo from @georgielovesblog
Photo from @ohmygee

I was unsure of what to wear for the event as it was during the day, I didn't want to be to casual but at the same time didn't want to be to dressy and also in this horrible weather wanted something nice and comfy! I bought this fab dress the day before in Ark (I can't stop shopping at the moment!) so decided to pair this up with my super comfy Primark boots and my fish net socks from Lamoda, accessorised with chokers and silver jewellery! There's two sets of outfit photos as I was worried the sunshine was going to disappear so took a few snaps before hand I like how they turned out so didn't want to not use them! 





I made sure I wore my (p)leather jacket with the fur collar attached to keep me warm as I was brave (or stupid?) and went bare legged! I used my tassel rucksack which is definitely becoming one of my favourite pieces at the moment, although very festivaly it's the perfect size to use for day trips! 








Daisy Print Dress - Hearts & Bows - Ark Clothing
Black Tassel Backpack - Primark 
(P)leather Fur Trim Jacket - Topshop
White Fish Net Socks - Lamoda
Black Ankle Boots - Primark 
Silver Rings - Primark
Turquoise Silver Bracelet - Primark 
Lipstick - MAC, Diva


No comments:

Post a Comment