Sunday 13 September 2015

Leeds Leeds Leeds... Day Three

Sunday was the final day of Leeds and it was another day of horrible clashes! We had to make some difficult clash decisions! I've been going to festivals for several years now and I've always wanted one of the fabulous head dresses, I decided to take the plunge and buy one this year and I absolutely love it! 
The first band of the day were the wonderful 'Walking on Cars' we reckon the singers voice has a strong likeness to Charlie Simpson so that is always a plus and they were so good live. The only downside of seeing them was I got stung by a wasp (I hate those creatures more than anything) right in the middle of a nice quiet song so I screamed and was running round like an idiot! 
After these there was a rumour that 'Foals' were going to be playing a secret set at half one so we headed over to the NME tent to wait for this and thank God the rumours were true! 'Foals' were on absolute top form! 



'Foals' were followed by 'Slaves' having seen these several times at Glastonbury they have become a new favourite and I absolutely love their energetic sets they are definitely best suited to performing live! We headed over to the main stage for 'Pierce the Veil' where I had to have a short disco nap (I can sleep anywhere!) We then saw 'Circa Waves' followed by 'Wolf Alice' who played a very energetic set as always I can't wait to see them this Autumn! We then went to The Pit to see the end of 'PVRIS' set the tent was absolutely rammed for them, these were followed by 'Royal Blood'. Then it was time for the worst clash of the weekend Catfish and the Bottlemen and Bring Me the Horizon, we chose to watch Bring Me the Horizon on the main stage in the end, as we'd seen Catfish more recently! I'm so glad they did playing songs mostly from their recent albums they played a fabulous set which was made even better by the gorgeous sunset! I can't wait for their Alexandra Palace gig in November!


Then it was time for the main event... 'Metallica', I ended up watching them solo but I didn't mind in the slightest. They are one of my faves and they were on absolute top form. I was right at the front for the whole set and they played all the old classics they even had a cage of fans on stage with them! Definitely one of my highlights of the weekend!!






For the final day I wore a black lace jumpsuit from H&M, probably not the most sensible choice for festivals but then who likes to dress sensibly? I wore it with a glitter jacket I bought from a charity shop whilst in Brighton in the summer, I did only really wear this in the evening when it got cooler because believe it or not it was actually quite warm in the day!
I accessorised with my fabulous new head dress, pink glitter lips and my fabulous mirrored sunglasses.  
Again I wore my Dr Martens because there was still no mud!! 







Black Lace Jumpsuit - H&M 
Glitter Jacket - Brighton Charity Shop
Floral Boots - Dr Marten
Sunglasses - Primark
Headdress - Festival shop
Floral Choker - Primark 
Lipstick - MAC, Diva
At Festival MAC, Candy Yum Yum with Barry M Pink glitter



No comments:

Post a Comment