Wednesday 9 September 2015

Leeds Leeds Leeds... Day One

I've been the worst blogger of all time recently, I can't even remember the last time I wrote a full post. Summer has been especially hectic! But it's that time of year now where all the festivals are over and done with and Leeds always marks this for us. Every year is more fab than the year before and this year was definitely no exception!
We headed up to Leeds on the Thursday afternoon and had a wild night the Thursday watching 'The Bohicas' and 'Pulled Apart By Horses' ending the night with 'Jaguar Skills'! 
The first main day of the festival is the Friday and this was to be a very jam packed day for us in fact the whole festival was full of clashes and we headed to the arena earlier than we ever usually do each day!


The Friday saw us catch the end of 'Lonely the Brave' followed by 'The Gaslight Anthem', 'Mooseblood', 'TurboWolf' and then 'The Maccabees' I was pleasantly surprised by The Maccabees I've always been a fan but never managed to see them live and they played some of my old faves! These were followed by 'Coasts' and then 'Years and Years' who were on top form as usual!
We then headed back over to the main stage for 'Kendrick Lamar' we were having a fabulous time for the whole of his set and I never thought I'd say this but he was one of my highlights just for the fabulous moves myself and Ashton pulled out!


After Kendrick it was time for the main event, 'The Libertines' I've seen them quite a few times in the past year or so and every time they seem to have been getting stronger and stronger, especially in comparison to the shambolic but fabulous set we saw at Hyde Park last year! I'm excited for new music from this lot and more tour dates please!! We weren't ready for the night to ever end so we headed over to the Propaganda tent where Gary from The Libertines played a DJ set and we carried the night on till the sun almost came up! 







For the first day of Leeds I wore this absolutely gorgeous Kiss The Sky maxi playsuit, I absolutely fell in love with this when I first set eyes on it online! I love the style and the deep V front, as I was at a festival I decided to wear a black bandeau under the V just to protect from any slips! But ordinarily I'd have worn without one! My floral Dr Martens are my staple festival boot when the mud stays away at festivals and we were very lucky this weekend as it only rained lightly a couple of times so no mud!! 
I teamed this maxi with a pink floral crown bought from Topshop, and also my absolute fave circle mirrored sunglasses from Primark. At Leeds I wore Freedom Makeup lipstick with gold glitter, I love glitter lips and like to wear them as often as possible! 








Maxi Playsuit - Kiss The Sky 
Black Bandeau - New Look
Three Chain Necklace - New Look 
Floral Headband - Topshop
Lipstick - At Festival Freedom Makeup, Space Luxe with Gold Barry M Glitter
At home MAC, Diva
Boots - Dr Martens
Sunglasses - Primark 


No comments:

Post a Comment