Monday 3 November 2014

What I Wore At... Vevo Halloween Party

I've come back from having such a fabulous weekend, Friday night I went to see Royal Blood at the Leadmill in Sheffield, they were absolutely incredible as expected! It was a complete sell out so Leadmill was absolutely jam packed! I'm going to apologise in advance for the picture quality for most of this post as gigs are quite difficult to photograph well with an iPhone! 
These are probably the best photos I have (very very bad I know!) but if you don't know who Royal Blood are already definitely check them out, it's almost unbelievable that they are only a two piece for the amount of noise they can make!
After the gig myself and Ashton went out in Sheffield, we decided to go to a few bars before heading back to Leadmill for the club night! I had this amazing cocktail in The Bowery and it was served in a fab American style 'red cup'! 
I don't really have any more blog worthy photos from the night but needless to say we had an absolutely fabulous time, a bit too fabulous maybe!

We were staying in a hotel Friday night and I was planning on heading to Manchester solo but a last minute decision and a spare ticket meant that Ashton came with me! 
When we arrived in Manchester our first stop was Primark, we ended up being in here a ridiculous amount of time and I bought lots of fab things (blog post coming soon!). By the time we'd finished in Primark we were absolutely starving so headed to one of our fave places Home Sweet Home in the Northern Quarter. It took no time at all to decide what we were having as 'Winner Winner Chicken Dinner', buttermilk chicken and steak is an absolute fave! It was so delicious ! 
We headed back to my friends to get ready for our second wild night! We went to Vevos now annual Halloween party, having attended last years London event at a much smaller intimate venue I was intrigued to see how they were to set up at Victoria Warehouse in Manchester. 
When we arrived it was very easy to see they had pulled out all the stops! The theme was a Zombies vs Survivors so the aftermath of a Zombie apocalypse and the line up was absolutely fab with Labrinth, Rixton, Ella Eyre and Gorgon City all playing (unfortunately Sam Smith had to pull out, little bit gutted!). 
The main hall was where the acts were all playing and then the rest of the venue was turned into a zombie infested maze, again the photos are the best they could be in such a dark place and also I was a tiny bit terrified at times!! 
We for once managed to watch all the acts and weren't actually that late! They were all rather fab but a firm favourite for me was Ella Eyre (she was a stand out performance for me at Glastonbury) I absolutely love her and she looked super fab in her costume too!
Labrinth
Rixton
Ella Eyre
Gorgon City

After the event we ventured into Manchester for drinks after slightly over doing it on Friday night in Sheffield! We went for cocktails around Oxford Road in one of my fave haunts when I lived in Manchester Font and Black Dog! 

On Sunday we finally got to go to Almost Famous, having wanted to try one of their burgers for a while we were super excited and maybe had eyes bigger than our bellies (this is always the case!) but even if it defeated me it was very very fab! 

I've had the Topshop x Ashish dress for some time now and I thought Halloween weekend was he perfect opportunity to wear it, I couldn't decide initially which cami to wear underneath but in the end I went with Burgundy (one of my fave colours for A/W!) paired with my new Primark shoes and accessorised with my Lamoda faux septum ring! Although I did find it quite difficult to get this to stay in place!







Fishnet Mesh Dress - ASHISH X Topshop
Burgundy Cami Dress - Primark
White Cami Dress - Topshop
Gold Curb Chain - Primark
Faux Septum Ring - Lamoda
Black Ankle Boots - Primark
Lipstick - MAC, Diva


No comments:

Post a Comment