Sunday 16 November 2014

What I Wore At... The Courteeners @ O2 Academy

Last night we went to see The Courteeners again in Leicester at the O2 Academy, as usual we arrived late but managed not to miss anything as the security was super super tight, I think all the talk of flares and smoke bombs had led the security to be stepped up a notch as everyone was searched on entry. Although as soon as we entered a flare went off before the band even came on! We quickly headed to the bar and then found our place to stand, we were quite near the back in comparison to where we were on Monday night at Rock City! I'm glad we did this though the crowd was absolutely wild, it seemed a lot rowdier and people were absolutely wasted! The band were fab as usual, the set varied a little to Mondays which makes a nice change! We managed to run through the crowd for the last songs; Not Nineteen Forever and What Took You So Long? I'm super excited for the final night we'll be seeing them on this tour on Friday at Liverpool! 

This morning our main priority was food! (When isn't it?) We researched our options and decided to go for Buttermilk Chicken at a pub, but when we arrived we were told they were only serving Sunday lunche - day ruined! The waiter recommended a bar next to the train station so we figured it was worth a try as we were going to need to head to the train station after we'd eaten. So we ended up at The Parcel Yard I ordered the Chicken Burger with a side of coleslaw, I was feeling extra greedy so I ordered a homemade scotch egg too (they are my absolute fave!). We were certainly not disappointed the food was fab although my eyes were definitely bigger than my belly and I had to take home a doggy bag, it was too delish to leave behind!



I wanted this top from Topshop when it first came into Topshop earlier in the year, I never managed to get round to buying and it also possibly sold out in my size. So when I saw this in the Topshop sale last month for £3 (yes £3!!!!) I had to have it. Absolute bargain! I wore a white crop top underneath as the top is a sheer mesh and see through it would look fab with a pastel colour underneath too!  I wore my leather shorts from Pop Boutique, these too were an absolute bargain I got them a couple of years ago but I think they were only about £20 for real leather, they are reworked vintage leather and have been a staple in my wardrobe since I bought them. As we were going out I wore my cleated sole shoes from Primark, these are super comfy and I'm actually stable in them(I'm usually a complete Bambi in heels!)









Iridescent Dot Mesh Shirt - Topshop
Leather Shorts - Pop Boutique
White Crop Top - Miss Selfridge
Dainty Silver Rings - Oscar Noah Jewellery
Faux Septum Ring - Lamoda
Iridescent Nails - Primark
Black Cleated Sole Shoes - Primark
Lipstick - MAC, Ruby Woo

No comments:

Post a Comment